what are the best anti-anxiety medications?

Dr. James Cunnar
SSRIs: Ssri stands for "selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor", this class of medicine includes prozac, zoloft, paxil, (paroxetine) and lexapro, to name a few. These medicines are meant to be taken daily, to prevent anxiety. To abort anxiety attacks, benzodiazepines are very effective (medicines like xanax, Valium or klonopin).
Dr. Vikas Duvvuri
& psychotherapy...: As dr. Cunnar describes, medications can reverse symptoms of an anxiety disorder. Psychotherapy can often capitalize on a calmer brain to make lasting improvements in coping skills.