Ireland

can i take 7.5mg of remeron with 10mg of lexapro (escitalopram) for anxiety and remeron for sleep.thanks dr.

Dr. Jeffrey Mandel
Palliative Care 49 years experience
Yes: They are compatible at that dosage.

Can pregnancy sleep patterns indicate the future onset postpartum depression?

Dr. David Kline
Dr. David Klineanswered
No: Generally, no. Pregnancy does cause sleep related problems, most notably due to discomfort and/or anxiety, and this can increase problems with depression. After delivery, sleep deprivation can add to this. Good mental health includes personal time, exercise and nutrition and deficiencies in any one do increase your risk.

Is it safe to sleep on my stomach while i'm pregnant?

Dr. David Fein
Specializes in Preventive Medicine
Yes: Nature has provided wonderful protection for the developing baby -- the amniotic sac (bag of waters) acts as a natural shock absorber, so sleeping on your stomach is perfectly safe. By the time you've reached the third trimester, you won't want to, because you can't!

Can I hurt myself or the baby from sleep walking while on ambien (zolpidem)?

Dr. Neeoo Chin
Fertility Medicine 40 years experience
Yes: Ambien (zolpidem) is a pregnancy category c medication, which means to take during pregnancy only if the benefits out weigh the risks. Only the mother and ob/gyn can make that decision. Precautions need to be taken to protect the sleep walking mother such as locking doors to the outside and padding sharp furniture corners.

If you take viagra (sildenafil) prior to sleep would nocturnal erections induce priapism?

Dr. Moez Khorsandi
Urology 27 years experience
Possibly: Viagra (sildenafil) and any agent used treat erectile dysfunction can induce priapism. If viagra (sildenafil) is taken at night, then it is possible that a normal erection could last longer and cause priapism. Who actually develops priapism depends on their risk factors such as age, comorbidities including diabetes and hypertension, and use of other medications. The more comorbidities a man has, the less likely.
Saint Cloud, FL

If I have had one seizure in the past is it safe to undergo a light hypnosis for anxiety I do take Dilantin which is a untheroputic level?

Dr. William Goldie
Pediatric Neurology 48 years experience
Get off it: Dilantin should be relegated to history. It is an old drug of high toxicity and major problems with use. Talk to your doctor about getting off or at least changing to a newer and safer seizure medication.

Last updated Feb 13, 2015