I'm 53 and had a d&c/hysteroscopy/polyp and fibroid removal. i started having hot flashes 10 days later & get them every 1/2 hour. could the d & c have caused this? maybe messed with my hormones?

5 doctors weighed in across 3 answers
Dr. Shari Schabowski answered

Specializes in Emergency Medicine

Of all the things you had done only the hysteroscopy could effect your ovaries and that is extremely unlikely. Ovaries make the hormones that when lacking are responsible for menopause. It is possible that the stress of surgery may have provoked menopausal symptoms that were already on the way naturally or it could be coincidence.

Answered Nov 28, 2017

3.9k views