My husband is trying to get off the duragesic (fentanyl) patch and hydrocodeine, what are the side effects of withdrawal?

Dr. Andrew Gross
Anesthesiology 74 years experience
Withdrawal effects: The withdrawal effects of a medication, any medication is often the opposite of the therapeutic effects. In this case, diarrhea, anxiety, wakefullness and restlessness as well as feeling flu like and having a runny nose and sneezing with a rapid heart beat is common. We often call this sympathetic storm due to the activation of a certain type of nervous system response, there are meds that help.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.