is smoking organic marijuana as dangerous as smoking tobacco on the pancreas? vapor a better choice?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Holly Maes
35 years experience Pediatrics
Why pancreas concern: I'd worry much more about my lungs, heart and brain if I was smoking anything because these are what are likely to go first and kill or impair you than your pancreas not working well will. And no, vapor is not a better choice.
Answered on May 10, 2015
1
Dr. Stuart Wasser
34 years experience Addiction Medicine
Unclear: It seems from studies that cigarettes are more toxic but only comparatively so- no smoking is safe. It is not obvious why this is so but studies o cannabis smoking show fewer issues. I unaware that pancreatic complications have been specifically looked at.
Answered on May 10, 2015
2