U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
United Kingdom
A 34-year-old female asked:

I have been diagnosed with ibs. does this cause the pain and pressure after eating and after emptying biwels. plus how do.i get rid of the swelling?

1 doctor answer4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Warren Wolfe
Family Medicine 60 years experience
Yes: Sounds like typical symptoms of IBS but also one or other problems. Consult with your family physician who may prescribe some tests and/or medication and /or refer you to a gastroenterologist. Don't delay. If it is only IBS, medication and better choices of diet will help.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jul 5, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.