Culver City, CA

Just got back from the doc my chest muscles and ribs are inflammed from the gym . is this dangerous and can i rule out my symptoms are heart related ?

Dr. David Krulak
Not dangerous: Inflammation of chest wall muscles and the cartilage in the rib cage is no more dangerous as any other overuse injury as long as you don't have difficulty breathing. I can't tell you it is not heart related, though in order to make the diagnosis the doctor would have had to rule out cardiac causes.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jun 29, 2014