U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Beckley, WV
A 31-year-old female asked:

Eyes get red, itchy, and swell aggravated. i have tried over-the-counter allergy medicines along with eye drops. nothing helps. do i need a eye doctor?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Omobola Oji
Family Medicine 35 years experience
Probably no: You need an eye drop with antihistamine properties first. I suggest you see your primary care doctor who will be able to give you a stronger one.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jun 22, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.