Ellenwood, GA

how to prevent excessive sweating near vagina?

Dr. Milroy Samuel
Clothing : Wear loose fitting clothing so there is more circulation in that area.

How can I avoid putting pressure on my arm and prevent breast lymphedema?

Dr. James Isobe
Phlebology 54 years experience
General care: Lymphedema of the arm is seen following breast procedures (axillary dissection, radiation), and avoiding putting pressure on the arm doesn't prevent the swelling. Avoid scratches, injury of the arm that can result in infection and further damage of the lymphatics. Seek help of a lymphedema trained physical therapist for specific advice.
Clarksville, TN

Can the antibiotic i'm taking for a UTI prevent conception?

Dr. Khurram Rehman
Fertility Medicine 26 years experience
No: Commonly used antibiotics for UTI don't stop you from getting pregnant. In fact, some women on birth control pills get pregnant when they take antibiotics as antibiotics can affect birth control pill effectiveness.
United Kingdom

I suffer from eczema and find I always get white skin patches on my skin. I got dark colour skin so it shows. Is there anything I can do to prevent this?

Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge
Eczema treatment: Keeping your eczema under good control is the best option. If you are having repeated epidsodes, talk to your dermatologist about more intensive treatment options for keeping your eczema under better control.

What can a person do to treat or prevent constant heat rash breakout from(i assume) working all day in the unavoidable heat?

May be hard to do...: People try to live and work in conditions that their bodies are able to adapt to, but sometimes that is not possible. A primary care doctor and a dermatologist can help prevent and treat recurrent heat rash (miliaria treatment). Keeping the skin surface intact, healthy, and normal is important. That means not rubbing the skin with rough clothes, or getting industrial chemicals on them.

Why are women's vaginas so tight.?

Dr. Wayne Ingram
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Circular muscle: The lining of the vagina(epithelium) is surrounded by circular muscle that can contract around objects and a potential space that can expand as well. Expansion projects include childbirth, sex and tampon placement.