U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 33-year-old member asked:

What to do if i have ulcerative colitis with lots of flare ups.?

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Jonah Essers
Pediatric Gastroenterology 19 years experience
Optimization: You need to work with your gastroenterologist to make sure that you optimize your medical therapy. You either need to increase the dosage of the medications you are on, change to stronger ones, or discuss having your colon removed surgically. Speak with your doctor!
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jul 1, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.