Oelwein, IA

my jaw has popped on occasion most of my life. recently started c-pap and full mask. when i wake up my jaw hurts and is out of socket. i have to open mouth very wide and then it pops back in. feedback?

Dr. Aurea Tomeski
Possible TMJ dysfunc: You should visit your dentist and Ask him if you might need an MRI of your temporomandibular area.
Dr. Sandra Eleczko
Dentistry 36 years experience
TMJ : It appears that your CPAP mask is aggravating an underlying TMJ problem. See a dentist trained in TMJ for an evaluation. This could be a prostodontist, oral surgeon or your general dentist if knowledgable in TMJ and sleep apnea. Changing your mask may help put your jaw in a healthier position during sleep.

Last updated Jun 21, 2014