Winchester, KY

What type of brain issue cause lightheaded daily 6 yrs sometimes a swaying feeling my drs tell me anxiety but unsure passed romberg n neuro test?

Dr. Wayne Anderson
Specializes in Neurology
Lightheadedness: Lightheadedness is one of the most difficult issues. There are plenty of known causes (a few serious) but once they are checked for, it is not clear what the problem is. So many people have lightheadedness without a clear cause. Anxiety, Medications, migraines (if you have), may play a role. Your practitioner should check the "serious conditions" for safety. After that, it is really difficult.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Ali Saberi
May not be the brain: Anxiety causes fluctuations of adrenaline, noradrenaline, dopamine, serotonin and cortisol along with different nerve system impulses.these lead to heart rate fluctuations and Blood pressure changes along with breathing rate changes which can all lead to swaying feeling. In the brain u'r ears and the connection they have with the eyes is a large part of balance-labrynthitis-Meniere 's, Vertigo.
Last updated Jun 13, 2014