U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
FL
A 60-year-old male asked:

cardiology: is an ecg and ekg interchangable terms and the same machine used during examination?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Robert Kwok
Pediatrics 33 years experience
Yes: ECG (electrocardiogram) and EKG (elektrokardiogramm - German spelling) are the same thing. The English language includes words originating from many different languages.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Free
Talk to a doctor
$30 per visit with
membership

Similar questions

A 38-year-old member asked:

Should I worry that my baby is not always at the same percentile on the growth chart?

4 doctor answers8 doctors weighed in
Dr. Evelyn Hurvitz
Pediatrics 37 years experience
No: Babies often switch curves on a growth chart, depending on their activity levels, the time of day the measurement is taken, and the genetic potential for growth they are given by her parents. As long as your baby continues to grow, the growth curves are just guides.
A member asked:

Will I be able to feed my twins at the same time?

2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Kevin Windisch
Pediatrics 25 years experience
Yes: Many women are able to put two babies to breast at the same time. It takes some practice and coordination, however.
A 35-year-old member asked:

Are epidurals and spinals the same thing?

4 doctor answers9 doctors weighed in
Dr. Megan Bird
Obstetrics and Gynecology 19 years experience
No: While they may feel the same to you, they are a little different. An epidural puts continuous medication in a sac around the spinal cord, providing longer, lower level numbness. Spinals put the medication in the fluid directly around the spinal cord just once. Epidurals numb a little less but longer, spinals numb a lot but only last a shorter period of time.
A 41-year-old member asked:

Can someone get a burner and concussion at the same time from basketball?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. William Goldie
Pediatric Neurology 48 years experience
Yes: Sudden stinging down arms or legs is often called a burner. Trauma to nerves in neck or shoulder can do this. Trauma to the head with confusion, nausea, and alteration in consciousness can be considered a concussion. Both types of symptoms may occur during a major trauma event.
A 34-year-old member asked:

Is it normal for EKG and stress tests to be normal after stent & 2 angioplasties were done?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Vardhan Reddy
Vascular Surgery 36 years experience
Yes/no : 85% chance of being abnormal. And it can be normal in 15%of pts.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Free
Talk to a doctor
$30 per visit with
membership
Last updated Jul 12, 2014

People also asked

Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
$30 per visit with
membership

Disclaimer:

Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.