U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A female asked:

I think i might have a ingrown hair in my pubic region but i'm unsure. it's a small red bump, it's very sore and itchy. should i see my gp?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Dean Giannone
Internal Medicine 26 years experience
Get an exam.: It's always best to have bumps like these evaluated formally so that an appropriate plan of care can be dictated.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jun 21, 2018


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.