U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
n/a, CA
A 68-year-old female asked:

Old childhood head trauma. possible cause for temporal lobe epilepsy? adhd? could neurontin (gabapentin) help with adhd symptoms, temporal lobe trauma?

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Martin Wetzel
Specializes in Psychiatry
Qualified Assessment: The issues you describe cross over several medical specialties: Psychiatry, Neurology, and Geriatric Medicine. Thorough evaluations by an Internist, Neurologist, and Psychiatrist familiar with ADHD (and each other) would be a good start.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Ruth Seaman
A Verified Doctor commented
A US doctor answered Learn more
Or one doctor - a specialist in behavioral neurology and neuropsychiatry. See the United Council for Neurologic Subspecialties for a listing or boarded providers near you.
Jun 9, 2014
Last updated Jan 15, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.