Sacramento, CA

I believe i pinched a nerve in my neck, the left side behind my ear is numb. can this cause numbness to my lower left lip around the mental nerve?

Dr. Adam Lewis
Neurosurgery 36 years experience
Facial numbness: It is difficult to assess whether you have a pinched nerve in the neck without more information and an examination. A pinched nerve between the 3rd and 4th cervical vertebrae (C4 nerve root) can cause these symptoms but this is not common. Other alternatives include irritation of the greater occipital nerve behind ear.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Apr 25, 2019