Horseshoe Bend, AR

I found a tick on my ear removed it now it's swollen and itches and burns a lot shoul i use neosporin on it?

Dr. Vicki Levine
Dermatology 41 years experience
Bring tick to MD: since you do not know if this is a dog tick or a deer tick you should bring the check if you still have it to your dermatologist and they can send it in to pathology to see what type of ticket is. You can also have Lyme titers drawn now and repeat them in 4 to 6 weeks to be sure you have not contracted this disease. I would not use Neosporin because many people are allergic to it.

Last updated Jun 6, 2014