U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 23-year-old female asked:

What can i use to treat my dyshidrotic eczema? it is located on my hands and is constantly itching.

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Mohamed Mansour
Family Medicine 16 years experience
Dyshidrotic Eczema: Topical corticosteroids are the mainstay of treatment. Usually we use class I steroids ( Clobetasol) and class II (fluocinonide 0.05%) or III steroids (triamcinolone 0.5%). Ointments penetrate the skin better than creams. the choice of medication always depends on severity. there are other options for resistant cases including but not lemited to : UV light, Botulinum toxins, Immunosuppressants.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated May 6, 2018


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.