I am 71 and have a terrible pain in my right inner thigh, not a muscle ache. also lower back pain. can't lift right leg due to pain. ?

Dr. Monica Michel
Osteoarthritis hip?: If by inner thigh you mean groin and by lower back you mean buttock pain this could be osteoarthritis of the hip. If the pain starts at the lower back and radiated down the leg and is associated with numbness or tingling we could be dealing with a nerve problem. I suggest you go to your doctor to be thoroughly evaluated.
Dr. Richard Mulvania
Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
may be hip or back: If the pain is in the groin and it hurts with rotation then it is probably arthritic hip, otherwise it could be "pinched nerve" from the back. Hip is usually painful when weight bearing and you may not be able to stand up straight. If the leg pain becomes worse when walking for a time, it is probably pinched nerve from low back.
Last updated Jun 17, 2014