Elecare and neocate and allimentium all caused skin rash and mucus in infant. what options are left to feed him?

4 doctors weighed in across 3 answers
Dr. Ashu Syal answered

Specializes in Pediatrics - Nephrology & Dialysis

Soy: It's strange but some babies who react to all sorts of protein hydrolysate formulas, somehow, do deserve a Soy trial

Answered 11/18/2016

4k views

Dr. Tanya Russo answered

Specializes in Pediatrics

Breast milk: Breast milk is best. A pediatric gastroenterologist may be able to determine why the infant is having difficulty tolerating formulas which are typically reserved for the most sensitive babies.

Answered 6/7/2016

4k views

Dr. Cindy Williams answered

Specializes in Pediatrics

Formula: Neutramigen, but it is similar to Alimentum. I have heard reports that sometimes using the ready to feed, not powder, helps. Have you considered that it might be soaps? There is corn in formulas, but I don't think there are any formulas without some form of corn syrup, corn maltodextrin, or corn syrup solids. An allergist may be able to see what it is. Banked breast milk might be another option.

Answered 10/4/2016

4k views