Italy

I feel a strong anxiety! can you help me?

Dr. Zach Patrick
Emergency Medicine 14 years experience
No: Anxiety is something that needs both therapy and medications. Therapy is the most important part of this and it is not able to be provided online. Please seek help from your therapist.
Dr. Linda Callaghan
Addiction Medicine 54 years experience
Yes.: Behavior therapy is excellent in helping you with techniques to keep your anxiety in control. Even 7 minutes a day practicing mindfulness have been found to be effective . Your therapist can help you with that. Xanax (alprazolam) is good for acute anxiety however be aware that i can be very addictive and should only be used for a short period of time. Antidepressants of the SSRI class help a lot.