i took azithromycin (4 250mg pills in one day) yesterday. can i begin to start drinking alcohol now? or will it slow down the curing process?

Dr. Alan Wartenberg
A Verified Doctor answered
A US doctor answered Learn more
What kind infection?: Taking a lot of Azithromycin at one time sounds like treatment for a sexually transmitted illness. I wonder whether drinking was part of what put you into the position of having unsafe sex, if that is what happened. If not, I am still concerned when someone asks how soon they can drink after medication X or surgery Y, as to whether there is an alcohol problem. There are drug interactions as well.
Answered on Aug 3, 2018
1