finished my azithromycin of 250 mg five days ago i had to take 2 the first day and and one tablet for 4 days after is it safe to drink alcohol now?

2 doctor answers
Dr. John cuong Doan
I would think that: if you have had 5 days of medication free blood stream, and your kidneys and liver are healthy, then the medications are out of your system. Drink and drive responsibly.
Answered on Oct 3, 2017
1
Dr. Charles Turck
16 years experience Pharmacology
Yes, it is safe: Azithromycin and alcohol have no known interactions when taken together, so you need not be concerned about any ill effects. It’s never a bad idea to drink in moderation to give your body a chance to heal and recover quickly from any infection. If you feel like you’re over the hump, by all means, proceed judiciously!
Answered on Feb 23, 2018
1