Kuwait

i have shortness of breath and phlegm?

Dr. Vikram Patel
Pain Management 37 years experience
Shortness of breath: If you are a smoker, quit. If you have fever, consult a doctor.

Is shortness of breath common in pregnancy?

Dr. Megan Bird
Yes: A gradual shortness of breath is common in pregnancy. It is usually due to the growing uterus pressing up on the lungs combined with the hormone changes in pregnancy. Even though you are feeling short of breath after doing small things, you are still getting enough oxygen. However, if you have sudden shortness of breath or medical problems, you should see your doctor right away.

Why am I short of breath if my oxygen saturation is good?

Dr. Dean Giannone
Circumstance: The oxygen saturation, which might be acceptable when sitting in the doctor's office, goes down with activity, so would be lower when climbing stairs or carrying things. So you might get short of breath even though in the doctor's office the oxygen saturation is fine. Have the doctor let you walk around the office before checking the saturation to get a level more reflective of such with activity.

If I have shortness of breath after short exercises do I have bronchitis?

Dr. Andrew Carroll
Dr. Andrew Carrollanswered
No: Not likely. You are most likely suffering from exercise-induced bronchospasm, which is more related to asthma. This is treated somewhat differently from bronchitis.

Pus/phlegm returning a week into a cold?

Dr. Stevan Cordas
Pus: Colds can slightly weaken the immune system so that a secondary infection can occur. Check with your doctor.

I think I have a phlegm thats not coming out, would it be the cause of my shortness of breath.?

Dr. Tulsidas Kuruvanka
Cardiology 31 years experience
May be: You may have bronchitis and it can cause sob. Try some cough meds initially.. Otherwise see your physician and you may need a chest x-ray.