U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Mc Calla, AL
A 38-year-old male asked:

My sixteen year old son (plays baseball and piano) has severe weakness in the fingers of his right hand. mild tremors, muscle atrophy. ideas?

3 doctor answers6 doctors weighed in
Dr. Djamchid Lotfi
Neurology 59 years experience
See neurologist: If there is atrophy as you put it it should be checked by a neurologist
Dr. Robert Pearson-Martinez
Pediatric Cardiology 21 years experience
Don't delay: Those symptoms generally suggest a neuromuscular problem (with myriad possible causes/diagnoses) and should be evaluated right away. See your pediatrician, who can examine your son and who will likely refer for a consultation with a pediatric neurologist.
Dr. Krishna Anand
Pediatrics 51 years experience
Consult neurologist: Your son is having neurological problem according to description ,the disease might have been for sometime . It may or may not be related tonight elbow surgery. Any way ,your son may stop playing baseball and piano and see the neurologist at the earliest to get his opinion, he may do investigation of his right hand and suggest treatment accordingly.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Jun 12, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.