U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 46-year-old male asked:

Persistent pus cells n blood in urine. dr. adviced tuberculosis dose isoniazid and rifampicin. how is this beneficial?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. James Lin
A Verified Doctoranswered
Urology 52 years experience
Here are some ...: Treating a patient with anti-Tb drugs for possible TB in kidneys or other past of urinary tract is usually based on radiographic finding of kidneys + positive TB skin test especially of recent conversion +/- positive culture for TB bacilli +/- chest X-ray change + high-clinical suspicion, etc. So, go to ask the prescribing Doc if any question arises. Best wish...
Last updated May 30, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.