mystery genital symptoms. so what could it be?

Dr. Martin Raff
Infectious Disease 56 years experience
Many things: See your doctor. You need to have a full history and physical exam to clearly establish a diagnosis. See your doctor.

Parkton, MD

I have a raised bump on my genital area im a virgin and the bump isnt oozing or anything just a bump what is this?

Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Many possibilities: A "bump" in the genital area can be caused by any number of things, including a cyst (fluid-filled pocket), or a swollen gland (lymph node). Without more detail and an examination, it would be very difficult to be more specific. Best to go see your gynecologist or family doctor to determine exactly what this bump might be.

What's a genital swab mc&s test?

Dr. David Kurss
Infect test w/micro: A swab of the genitals is done to detect an infection. The swab is placed in a culture (c) that contains nutrients or cells that foster bacterial growth. The lab then identifies the type of bacteria, for ex. And is able to tell the dr. What antibiotic that the bacteria is sensitive to (the s in c&s). Some bacteria are also detected with the same swab and the use of a microscope (m).

How common is it to get genital mycoplasma?

Dr. Sidney Vinson
Gastroenterology 27 years experience
Common: Colonization with mycoplasma is very common. Whether it causes disease is not entirely clear and somewhat controversial.

Why is the colour of my genital area darker?

Dr. Michael Tomeo
Dermatology 38 years experience
Normal : That are is oftentimes more pigmented and is determined by genetics. It some way it probably evolved as to signal or set off that area for certain purposes.
Jackson, TN

Is it normal that I am a virgin but every now and then i get one or two redish bumps on my genital area?. It hurts sometimes when my pants rub it.

Dr. Malathi Ellis
It can happen: Even w/o sexual activity, women can develop lesions on the vulva. Some are allergy or auto-immune in nature. Many are infectious in nature. The most common would be either an infected hair follicle (esp if you shave) or infected sebacceous cyst (basically a pimple). However, remember that some std's can be transmitted even w/o vaginal penetration. Ex: herpes only takes skin to skin contact.