A member asked:

My 12 year old daughter has a very strong fishy smell in her urine it's worse on her period . should i get her tested for tmau? how do i go about it ?

2 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Dana Hogan answered

Specializes in

See a physician who can culture any discharge; many common infections in the vagina are not sexually transmitted, but can happen with poor hygiene

Answered Dec 16, 2014



Still have questions?

Get the best care from a doctor who knows you.

Book a Video Appointment
Sponsor Content
Dr. Oscar Novick answered

Specializes in Pediatrics

I would rule out the possibility of a vaginal infection first before I would get her tested for TMAU

Answered May 26, 2014



Related Questions

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question

Meet your new favorite doctor