Colombia

I have respiratory allergy (rhinitis) from about 3 years old. i never knew the cause, but is more likely when i sleep late... is due to serotonin?

Dr. Susumu Inoue
Pediatric Hematology and Oncology 55 years experience
On paper it could be: I assume you are referring to "allergic Rhinitis". It is usually triggered by pollens, weeds, buds, etc. mainly in the Spring and Fall. If you are allergic to these substances, you do develop runny nose, sneezing, runny eyes, etc, but no fever. This may be due to serotonin and histamin release from a type of white cells, mast cells that reacted to your immune response. Anti-histamins are good meds
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated May 26, 2014