I have low potassium could that make me have panic attacks or anxiety problems. my doctor did a ekg and chest xray and my heart is good?

3 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Amanda Itzkoff answered

Specializes in Psychiatry

It sounds like the Lo potassium was an incidental finding. After nl tests, it was determined it wasn't having clinical affects . Your sxs resemble those of panic disorder (arm pain, cp, shortness of breath), extreme anxiety, and fear of serious medical causes (like your continued concern that maybe k is the cause). Meet with your psych MD to discuss anxiety and treatments so you can be panic free

Answered May 9, 2016

4.1k views