U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 19-year-old female asked:

What is this bump with red spots on my gums?

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management 37 years experience
Gums-tooth abscess: This infection will not resolve on its own with home care. The most common type of dental abscess is a tooth, and the second most common is a gum or combination of both tooth-gum abscess. In order to get appropriate treatment it is important to know the underlying cause for this infection. Rec.: see your dentist for evaluation, x-rays and treatment.
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 54 years experience
Spotted bump: May be infection, as in a draining abscessed tooth. May be a canker sore. May be so many other things. Will have to be examined to be diagnosed. Please see your Dentist.
Last updated Nov 18, 2019


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.