Weird spot on my thigh, just above the knee. been there for months. small spot, no pain, no redness, no itchiness. it looks and feels like a bunch of tiny bumps in one spot. tried to scrub and scratch at it and nothing has happened to it, confused?

4 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Donald Colantino answered

Specializes in Internal Medicine

My rule of thumb is that any lesion on your skin that stands out as very different from any other skin lesions on your body should be inspected by a dermatologist. I myself had an unusual lesion above my left knee that turned out to be a level 2 melanoma.. The dermatologist wasn't sure about the diagnosis but we had a biopsy done & it was positive for melanoma.

Answered 4/2/2023

0 views

Dr. Silviu Pasniciuc answered

Specializes in Internal Medicine

Best would be to let your doc take a look at it during your annual exam. Try not to apply any creams or mechanically remove it or irritate it in the interim. Majority of such lesions prove to be benign, good to get an idea for peace of mind.

Answered 4/4/2023

0 views