What to do if insomnia with my arb (cozaar) for high blood pressure?

Dr. Bennett Werner
Cardiology 45 years experience
Uh-uh: It does not cause insomnia. Reference (see page 12-15): http://www.merck.com/product/usa/pi_circulars/c/cozaar/cozaar_pi.pdf (this monograph is required by and reviewed by the FDA).
Dr. Jack Rubin
Nephrology and Dialysis 49 years experience
Insomnia and cozaar (losartan): You need to speak to the physician (P) who ordered the cozaar (losartan) (C) for you. C is from an arb which have very few side effects. If you are having insomnia (I) from C, ask your P to order you either another arb or switch you to another BP medicine, or arb, to see if it gets better. Good luck