Throop, PA

Is cozaar (losartan) 25mg good at lowering blood pressure with little side effects?

Dr. Jack Rubin
Nephrology and Dialysis 49 years experience
Cozaar (losartan) and BP: Cozaar (losartan) (C) is a very effective drug to lower blood pressure, if given in sufficient doses. that has very few adverse effects. If your blood pressure is controlled at 25 mg/day of C, that is fine. I prefer to start and keep my patients on 50 mg twice a day. Speak to your physician about how well controlled your BP is and if it is, that dose is fine for you. Good luck.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jul 17, 2018