U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Stony Brook, NY
A 34-year-old male asked:

Would you screen for tb two otherwise healthy children who live down the hall (in an apartment building) from a man recently found to have tb?

1 doctor answer4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Marshall Seligmann
Pediatrics 15 years experience
TB Screening: If there is concern that children were exposed to someone with active TB, then TB screening (via PPD) would generally be indicated.
Dr. Mitzi Scotten
Pediatrics 29 years experience
TB screening is quick and easy but unless the children are in direct contact with the person or have spent time in the apartment of the infected person then it is probably not indicated http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/rr5415a1.htm
Oct 19, 2015

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Oct 2, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.