U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 16-year-old male asked:

I have just had a accident and injured my ankle. i can not stand on it. when i do a pain shoots up to my knee.

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Philip Miller
A Verified Doctoranswered
Family Medicine 48 years experience
Urgent care: You need to go to the ER or your local urgent care center. Get off your feet. You will need an xray. Rest, ice, compression, elevation. Light pressure ace bandage.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated May 12, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.