Can you tell me about gastric sleeve surgery how much weight will i lose?

Dr. Mark Pack
General Surgery 31 years experience
Varies: The amount of weight you will lose after gastric sleeve surgery varies. It depends upon your motivation, your diet, your exercise,… There are studies that show that people will lose an average of 60% of what they are overweight after the gastric sleeve surgery.
Dr. Addagada Rao
General Surgery 56 years experience
How much u want: Gastric sleeve surgery most of the stomach is removed leaving a sleeve or tube of stomach , total capacity reduced due to small pouch of stomach . How much you lose depends on your modification of behavior ( eating habits activity ) , Now loosing wt is your hands , how many calories you are consuming , How active you are etc are factors to loose weight, Good Luck
Dr. Zeenat Hasan
Bariatrics 14 years experience
It depends on you: Studies site b/w a 60-80% excess body weight loss with the sleeve (so if you are 100 pounds overweight, you could expect a 60-80 lb weight loss). However, surgery is no magic bullet. The best results are seen in patients who are motivated, follow the diet guidelines and exercise regularly. Attending support groups and making sure to follow up with your surgeon are also keys to success. Good luck!