Anaheim, CA

why do my veins hurt in my left hand and arm ?

Dr. John Munshower
Phlebitis: Maybe they are inflamed and you have phlebitis. If it continues, see your dr.
Dr. Gary Cunningham
Phlebology 34 years experience
Perhaps it's not: the veins? Sometimes it can be difficult for a patient to distinguish where the source of pain is actually from. Particularly in the arm, musculoskeletal pain may be mistaken for vein pain. If it is the actual veins, then they may be inflamed. There are many causes for inflamed veins, but those likely to affect a hand & arm on one side are rare. You will need to see your doctor for diagnosis.

Last updated Jan 28, 2021