Can you tell me if it ain't broke, don't fix it - why should i get a flu shot if i never get sick?

To prevent: you from getting the flu in the future. Although not completely protective , if you do get the flu - it usually lessens severity of symptoms.
Dr. Dan Fisher
Poor analogy.: For the same reason you buy insurance, wear a seat belt or helmet, or use birth control. You will be well right up until the time that you are not.
Dr. Ruth Seaman
A Verified Doctor commented
A US doctor answered Learn more
Influenza is a fairly rough illness and it is not "the flu" which the media and public call any viral illness. It kills many thousands of people every year. Vaccines are usually about 70% effective each year.
Nov 4, 2014