should i take my 5 year old child to the emergency room if her temperature is 101.5 degrees?

Other symptoms are ?: The average 5 yo will go thru 5-7 viral respiratory & GI illnesses per year, many of which will generate fever upwards of 102-103.It is a normal response to illness & doesn't signal severity of a problem.If the kid is playful, taking fluids well & has no scary complaints, the best person to evaluate the child is your regular dr. If quiet, refusing fluids, in obvious pain or showing scary sx go.