what to do if i have a cold sore on the corner of my mouth its very painful but i don, are there any other causes for cold sores?

Dr. Richard Schneider
Integrative Medicine 45 years experience
Cold sore: A sore in the corner of the mouth may be due to a virus. However, if you have dentures, chronic secretions on the side of the mouth caused by the dentures may cause breakdown of the skin at the corners of your mouth. There are over the counter meds that may be effective (check with your pharmacist), as well as some prescription meds you can get from your doctor.