what to do if i have a ganglion cyst on the top of my wrist and it's painful. i went to theelse had had this problem with a cyst?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Barry Press
43 years experience Plastic Surgery
Ganglion cyst: Sounds like a ganglion cyst: a benign cyst that communicates with the wrist joint. These can be surgically removed but have a rather high rate of recurrence and sometimes disappear spontaneously. See a hand surgeon for a precise diagnosis.
Answered on May 4, 2014
Dr. Barry Callahan
30 years experience Hand Surgery
Dorsal Carpal Gangli: Carpal ganglions are a frequent cause of wrist pain but you should have it evaluated by a Hand Surgeon because extensor tenosynovitis and other issues can mimic it. Do not hit it with a book! I've seen patients who have fractured their wrists trying this home remedy. Aspiration/injection or excision is the way to go if these are painful.
Answered on Jul 28, 2016
1
Dr. David Tolstrup
The so called "bible cyst used to and I repeat used to be cured by whacking it with the family bible. Nowadays they are most often cured by careful surgery,
Aug 30, 2014