Problems with special education teacher and program. help please. we have few options for our child with autism?

11 doctors weighed in across 3 answers
Dr. Glen Elliott answered

Specializes in Child Psychiatry

Too little info: I sympathize, but your question is so general, it is impossible to offer a specific answer. If you think the problem truly is the teacher, speak to the principal or special educataion counselor at the school. You can request a new iep at any time, which may include looking at private school options if child not recieving adequate care. If needed, seek a lawyer specializing in this area.

Answered 4/14/2016

5.9k views

Dr. Timothy Gunn answered

Specializes in Clinical Psychology

Legal help?: I'm not sure the question exactly, but there are options for children with autism. If you are unhappy with the services at school, then you can request an independent educational evaluation for someone outside the school district to assess your child and make recommendations. You may need a special education lawyer to help. Some will work pro bono because the district may have to pay their fee.

Answered 4/23/2015

5.9k views

Dr. Carlos Barrios answered

Specializes in Child Psychiatry

Urgent IEP: Meeting-Request that-to sped ed director of school district. At same time ask (via typed letterhead) for a functional behavioral analysis (FBA)= classroom observation data in school setting on what are the antecedent behaviors impairing academics. Then u request behavioral interventional plan (BIP) based on above, as school mandated to provide corrective interventions e.g.even ABA, OT, PT, Speech:

Answered 5/23/2016

3.8k views