A member asked:

Still get pain under the chest area after i eat after 9 months of taking nexium (esomeprazole) for gerd, had all the test that are out there in jan.2014. what do now?

3 doctors weighed in across 3 answers
Dr. Peter Denk answered

Specializes in General Surgery

Anti-reflux surgery: You are experiencing medically refractory reflux disease meaning the medicines are not working for you and the natural anti-reflux valve at the top of your stomach has failed. Fortunately minimally invasive anti-reflux surgery, usually with a nissen fundoplication (and hiatal hernia repair too if necessary) can cure you and take you off meds forever. See a surgeon that specializes in reflux.

Answered 5/19/2019


Dr. Ivelisse Rivera-Godreau answered

Specializes in Family Medicine

Chest pain: I am assuming that when you say all the tests you are referring that a cardiac problem was ruled out and your heart is not the issue here. If you were told this is gerd and no relief with meds then you should probably get an endoscopy to check for ulcer or h. Pylori bacterial infection. If this was done already this might also be related to irritation of your rib cage. Discuss this with your pcp.

Answered 4/30/2014


Dr. Perry Milman answered

Specializes in

Gastric emptying: If you haven't had a nuclear gastric emptying test to screen for gastroparesis, this would be a good idea. I assume that you have had a full cardiac evaluation.

Answered 5/11/2014



Related Questions

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question