Philippines

If you are hepatitis b reactive, and then you are test again for hbsag and the result is non reactive what does it mean? you don't have hbv?

Dr. John Fung
General Surgery 39 years experience
Reactive to what?: Hbv markers are used to distinguish actively infected from immunity, the latter include antibody to surface antigen (hbsab) and to the core antigen (hbcab). Some tests detect part of the virus, such as surface antigen (hbsag), the core antigen, or hbv dna. The presence of hbsag indicates that the person is potentially infectious. Hbsab replaces hbsag as the hbv infection evolves to immunity.