IN

I met with a car accident 1 year back and i have suicidal thoughts everyday.i don't want to take antidepressant coz of the side effects.plz help.

What are you doing: Take care of yourself. Even if you don't tolerate one antidepressant - you may tolerate another one fine. Sometimes it can take a little while to optomize your medication. Psychotherapy ; cognitive behavioral therapy can be very beneficial. If you are having thoughts about killing yourself currently, please be seen at the nearest emergency room now. Have a friend or relative drive you. If need >.
Provided original answer
be, you can call 911 for emergency services & they can provide transport. You can call the National Suicide hotline 24/7 at 1-800-273-8255.
Apr 28, 2014
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry 28 years experience
I, too was recently : In a car accident. Accidents are traumatic in many ways. I don't know the extent of any injuries you may have suffered or what if anything happened to others but you must realize how precious life is. You owe it to yourself to seek help immediately. The best place to start is an emergency room at a hospital. Tell them exactly what you just told us and they will be able to help. G-d bless.
Dr. James Lin
A Verified Doctor commented
A US doctor answered Learn more
Great. Remember: Life is a one-way street of accumulation, modification, and continuation from inception to eternity. If still bothered, think over: Life is a process of constant struggle to cope with reality, certainty, & uncertainty of daily living for survival, growth, & continuation. So, take practicing healthy lifestyle without overindulgence & obsession as foundation of healthcare & key to
Apr 29, 2014

Last updated Sep 29, 2016