i have knee pain and been told it's probably runners knee. it's getting worse running or walking up/down hills/stairs. buckles a lot. painful.

Dr. Brett Spain
16 years experience Sports Medicine
Giving way...: Is a nonspecific sign and does not indicated tears or any other pathology. However, if your pain is worsening it is important to be evaluated by a musculoskeletal physician to determine the cause and correct treatment of your knee pain.
Answered on Apr 18, 2016
2
2 comments
1
Dr. Steven Zaretsky
35 years experience Orthopedic Surgery
I agree however it sounds like you pain is coming from the knee cap joint. If your pain has not resolved with rest and avoidance of activities that cause your pain I would recommend evaluation by an orthopedic surgeon. I would suggest xray evaluation and possible physical therapy. First you must be appropriately evaluated to rule out other possible cause of your knee pain.
Apr 23, 2014
Dr. Steven Zaretsky
35 years experience Orthopedic Surgery
Add a comment...
Apr 23, 2014