A member asked:

I have osteoarthritis in my ac joint with mild bone edema and am in a huge amount of pain, why won't my surgeon do anything about it?

6 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Carl Zooberg answered

Specializes in

Ac osteoarthritis: Has he tried antiinflamatory medication or topical cream? Also a cortisone injection may help. You should be seeing an orthopedist?

Answered 11/28/2017


Dr. Jason Boyer answered

Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

Frustrating: Sounds very frustrating. Although i cannot answer for your doctor, if the ac joint is truly the source of your pain, there are several treatments that all work well. The key is making sure that this is the source of your pain and not something else as many people will have arthritis in the ac joint on MRI but no pain. Perhaps a second opinion if you are not happy with your care?

Answered 6/10/2014



Related Questions

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question