Snohomish, WA

i have osteoarthritis in my ac joint with mild bone edema and am in a huge amount of pain, why won't my surgeon do anything about it?

Dr. Carl Zooberg
Orthopedic Surgery 42 years experience
Ac osteoarthritis: Has he tried antiinflamatory medication or topical cream? Also a cortisone injection may help. You should be seeing an orthopedist?
Dr. Jason Boyer
Orthopedic Surgery 18 years experience
Frustrating: Sounds very frustrating. Although i cannot answer for your doctor, if the ac joint is truly the source of your pain, there are several treatments that all work well. The key is making sure that this is the source of your pain and not something else as many people will have arthritis in the ac joint on MRI but no pain. Perhaps a second opinion if you are not happy with your care?

Last updated Nov 28, 2017