U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 47-year-old female asked:

Im an r.n., on hrt for menopausal sx's. when i take them i bleed for weeks...if i don't take them don't bleed but suffer awful hotflash, had ct abd, ok?

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. R. scott Thornton
44 years experience
Change regimen: I would probably do a transvaginal ultrasound and depending on the results consider a endometrial biopsy or hysteroscopy prior to assuming everything is okay, but presuming the evaluation is negative, your bleeding issues can probably be resolved by changing your hormone regimen. For more information www.Askyourgynecologist.Org.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Kevin O'neil
Urogynecology 30 years experience
Adjust hormones: Sounds like you need to see your doctor and make adjustments to your hormones. I'm assuming that you have a uterus and are taking estrogen ; progesterone. Sometimes increasing the Progesterone will help with the bleeding.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.

Related questions

A 45-year-old female asked:
What can I take for menopause with out taking hrt?
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
A 37-year-old male asked:
For how long should the typical woman take HRT after surgical menopause at 38?
1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Last updated Apr 15, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.