South Amboy, NJ

does a grade two signal within the posterior horns of the laterial and medial menisci need surgery?

Dr. James Burns
Emergency Medicine 37 years experience
Well...: Your MRI signals certainly don't need the surgery, but if you have clinical signs and symptoms of a medial meniscal tear that doesn't respond to conservative therapy and causes continual pain, disability preventing you from participating in your normal activities then you might need arthroscopy and menisectomy. All the best!
Dr. David Gruen
Dr. David Gruen commented
Radiology 30 years experience
In general, patients and their symptoms determine optimal rx - not MRI findings. Talk to your orthopedist.
Apr 17, 2014